Tumor is an abnormal growth of cells and can found in any part of the body. The pituitary is a small gland within the skull, beneath the brain, and over the nasal passages and are on top of the fleshy back part of the roof of the mouth.
The pituitary tumors start in the front part of the pituitary gland or anterior pituitary. These glands make the hormones that manage other endocrine glands such as Growth hormone, Thyroid-stimulating hormone, Adrenocorticotropic hormone, Luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), and Prolactin.
The reverse part of the pituitary gland known as the posterior pituitary is actually an addition of brain tissue from the hypothalamus and they produce Vasopressin and Oxytocin.
To identify a pituitary tumor, your doctor will probably take a thorough history and perform a physical examination. Blood and urine tests can conclude if you have an extra creation or absence of hormones. A CT or MRI scan of your brain can help to analyze the position and mass of a pituitary tumor. Vision testing can decide if a pituitary tumor has affected your sight or peripheral vision. These tests can identify the pituitary tumor.
The below mentioned are the important treatments available for the disease:
Surgical elimination or removal of a pituitary tumor is necessary if it is pressing on the optic nerves or if the tumor is over creating some hormones.
1. Endoscopic transnasal transsphenoidal approach: This typically allows your doctor to take away the tumor through your nose and sinuses without an exterior incision. No other part of your brain is affected, and there won't be a noticeable mark.
2. Transcranial approach (craniotomy): In this method, the tumor is removed through the higher part of the skull via an incision in your scalp. It's easier to arrive at large or more difficult tumors.
Radiation therapy utilizes high-energy X-rays to wipe out tumors.
- Gamma Knife stereotactic radiosurgery: It distributes radiation beams the mass and appearance of the tumor into the tumor with the help of special brain-imaging techniques.
- External beam radiation: This distributes radiation in little increments over time. A sequence of treatments is performed on an outpatient basis. While this treatment is effective, it might take years to completely manage the tumor growth and hormone production.
- Proton beam therapy: This is another option and this uses absolutely charged ions than X-rays. Proton beams end after releasing their power within their goal. The beams can be delicately controlled and can be used on tumors with fewer danger to healthy tissues.
These are the best pituitary tumor treatments available in the word. For the best Pituitary tumor treatment in Chennai, you can reach for Dr. Shyam Sundar Krishnan.
Mail us: email@example.com
Book appointment: www.chennaibrainandspine.com/book-appointment.html